29 May, 2022
Artichoke Salsa with Chicken Thighs
I actually got this recipe from a blog I follow. It’s not exactly true to the recipe since I used chicken thighs and had no lemon pepper, but I don’t think I missed out on anything, flavour-wise, because I did make and use the artichoke salsa and it was amazing!
I don’t know why this happens, but I always find recipes that use capers. It’s always a small, specific amount of capers and then they sit in the fridge for months. Fortunately, they are pickled so they can live in the fridge for months and not suffer for it, but because of this languishing, I am always, always looking for ways to use them. This recipe uses some. Happy days!
- chicken thighs – as many as you want/need to cook (I think I cooked seven)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, drained and chopped – I buy the marinated ones at costco and had about a third of a jar left, so that’s what I used
- 2 TB capers, drained and chopped a bit
- 1/4 small red onion, minced – if you soak in cold water for a few minutes, then drain, a lot of the onion bite will be gone
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 TB Italian salad dressing
- 1 clove garlic or as much as your heart desires
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
Cook those chicken pieces. I cooked mine in the air fryer at 400F for 20 minutes, but my other favourite way to cook them is in the oven at 400F for 20 minutes per side. I particularly like them with skin on and I start skin side down so when I flip them, the skin gets really crispy. Yum!
Put all the ingredients for the artichoke salsa in a bowl and mix.
Serve the chicken with whatever sides you desire and top with the salsa. So good, so simple, so fresh.